Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Challenge #3


I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't sleep so I check 12wbt forums to see if this weeks challenge was posted.

IT WAS!!!

30k this week translates to 18.6 miles of exercise.  At first this seemed daunting. Particularly in the wee hours of the morning.  But then I realized that a good bike ride would knock that out.  Too bad it's only 10 degrees or so outside this time of year :(  

I had thought I would skip a workout at the hotel this morning and get some more sleep.  But I didn't want the challenge to get away from me.  So at 7:30 I climbed out of bed,  put on my workout clothes and went to the fitness center in the hotel.

Since I didn't have much time, I hoped on the bike and peddled 5 miles in 30 minutes.  So only 13.6 miles left in this weeks challenge.  I will be using my treadmill at home.  Think I'll  even start couch to 5k back up.  Plan to run a few 5ks again this summer!  I'd even like to break 40minutes for my 5k.

I also will get the stationary bike Al's mom gave me up and running.  I want to keep biking through the winter.  I may even do another duathlon this year.  If not 2013 then definitely 2014.

I'm eager to plan my trip when I reach my goal weight.  I'm going to start looking right now.  I want somewhere warm and lots of sunshine for a winter break in 2014.  I think I am also going to talk to Sue and let her know what may be ahead.  I know she wants to loose weight and get healthy too.  Perhaps this will be the motivation she needs to jump start.

We both promised to quit making excuses once Sandie passed away.  Well my mother-in-law is no longer with us.  And neither of us has the excuse that taking care of her and watching her die was too stressful to change our bad habits anymore.  I will do this by myself but would love to have  a partner in crime come along with me :)

My plan for working out this week:
3 days of C25k
walk on treadmill in between  making sure I hit 18.6 miles total
get bike up and running and bike at least once


Miles total for week: 5 (8km)
Total remaining: 13.6 (22km)

No comments:

Post a Comment