Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not hungry

I am finding that I am losing my appetite. And not just for junk food! I sit down to a healthy meal and after a few bites I am no longer hungry. I force myself to eat because I need the calories. Wow! I never thought I would ever utter those words!! I'm going to say them again: I force myself to eat because I need the calories.

It is 7:45 pm and I have only consumed 982 calories. I have burned 474. So at minimum I need to hit that 1200 calories and I am just NOT hungry. Although my blood sugars are dropping. I can tell because I am becoming impatient and feeling jittery. So I need calories.

I think once E is in bed I will just grab a protein shake before bed. If I need more calories after that I will have a banana or apple. I just never thought I'd ever be in this position. But I have to keep my body from going into "starvation" mode or I'll quit losing weight.

I think that was Sandie's problem. She claims she rarely ate and still gained weight. Well after years of abusing her body with food it doesn't surprise me. And quite frankly at this point in my life I don't want to end up like my MIL. She died at 63 years of age. I love you and miss you Sandie. But I do not want to end up like you!

So...even though I am not hungry I will consume calories for their nutritional benefits.

And I hope this reaction to food lasts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment