Sunday, January 6, 2013

If exercise is so good for me and I feel so great afterwards...why do I avoid it like the plague?

So Thursday I set a goal of 31 days of exercising in January.  On Friday I fail to motivate to exercise.  I knew once I set that goal I would fail.  Primarily because there is no room for error.  I either do 31 day or I don't.  I can't make up a day of exercise.  I gotta quit setting these types of goals.

And without exercising I ate horribly too!  While I did drink water all day, I did not drink the amount of water my body has become accustomed too.  So I ate. 

Saturday I got back on the horse.  I biked for 30 minutes and walked for 15.  Ate so-so.  But drank like a banshee last night.

The Viking and the Packers faced off again last night in the playoffs.  So Al, Mom and I went to the Rendevous to watch the game (and see Donald).  Al and I consumed two pitchers of beer (more me than him) and I had two shots of Krugy with Mom.

Yes I said my mom did two shots last night!  The irony is she didn't realize she was doing shots because they weren't in a shot glass.  They came in the sperm looking thing.  And I'm not kidding when I say that.  It's a vanilla and carmel flavored liqueur that went down quit easily.  Even when I had pointed out the 15% alcohol Mom didn't realize what she was drinking.  Leave it to Uncle D to get my mom drunk!

Anyway...

Today I got up and drank 4 glasses of water straight away.  I took my vitamins.  Ate breakfast and then drank 2L of carbonated water (love my soda stream!).  After lunch, I finally motivated to get up and exercise.  I biked for 30 minutes then walked for 30 minutes.

Yes, I walked on the treadmill.  I walked at 2.5/2.0 miles per hour so the blasted thing didn't overheat.  And it worked.  It just felt good to walk for a while.  Besides I wanted to finish my episode of Prison Break before stopping.

I have limited myself to only watching Prison Break while I am exercising.  I can get so wrapped up in a program on Netflix that it consumes my days until it is finished.  I'm not allowing myself to do that this time.  Prison Break is my exercise buddy.  Each episode is 45 minutes in length.  It is the perfect companion on the bike/tm.  It should last me through January and most of February.  Then I'll be on the lookout for a new (exercise) series to watch!

This week I started to journal food again.  And of course I get so wrapped up in not eating calories that I get hungry and eventually breakdown.  I'm back to not watching my food until the told to do so in 12wbt.  I need to work this program how it was designed to work.  Michelle knows what she is doing.  The program has worked for TONS of people.  Who am I to second guess it.  I need to take this slow so the process becomes permanent.  And so far each challenge has worked.  I have not picked up my diet cola addiction.  Though I do have one occasionally.  I drink mainly water everyday.  An occasionally tea at breakfast or in the afternoon.  I will continue to exercise 30k every week.  It's an easy number to achieve with my bike.  One week I will set out to do it on the tm but not until the new one arrives.

Tomorrow challenge #4 is unveiled.  I am actually looking forward to learning what it is.  I know I can do it whatever it is.  I can because I have smashed the other challenges.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment