Monday, January 14, 2013

No More Excuses

Another great day in the Rudeck household! I scheduled my workout at 8:30 in the morning. And guess what? That is exactly what I did. Well I was a few minutes late as I was getting my laundry switched over and then had to get all of my equipment together. I couldn't find my exercise ball. I need to ask Al where it is.

But by having a schedule I got my workout done by 10:00 am. By 11:15 my laundry was almost completed, my house was dusted from top to bottom, and my floors were swept and mopped! Oh and I watched an episode of Prison Break on Netflix.

I then showered. I had lunch: a bowl of turkey wild rice soup and 16 wheat thins. I then went grocery shopping and ran to the bank. By the time that was done it was 2:30. I had an hour before E came home from school. So I watched another episode of Prison Break.

12wbt preseason has begun. We were asked to write down all of our excuses for not exercising or for what we put in our mouths. It was hard to start but once I did the pen kept flowing. But then we were challenged to respond to all those excuses. That was interesting. But it was also very helpful. Because I needed a couple of those responses today. Like when I wanted to have a third slice of pizza tonight. I just thought of the jeans in my closet that don't fit quite comfortably. I really want to wear my jeans again.

So far I have kept up with all of the challenges. Wk 1 I gave up pop. I now drink is sparingly. Today I poured myself a diet coke and nearly gagged. That has never happened. EVER!!! Wk 2 was to decrease my nonwater consumption in half. Well with diet coke gone I am now drinking 12-16 glasses of water a day! Wk 3 was 30km of exercise. Not a problem. I do way more than that! Wk 4 was to journal everything I ate. Still doing it today!

So I'm fairly certain identifying my excuses and having a response prepared will work for the long term. Thats why when I schedule my exercise I don't jus identify that I will exercise on a given day. I identify the time and what I am doing.

Tuesday: 730 am tm and bike
Wed: 830am 60 min my fitness coach on wii
thurs: 1030am tm and bike
friday: 830 60 min my fitness coach on will
Sat: 730 tm and bike
Sun: Day of rest (shoppig with the girls in the cities)

No comments:

Post a Comment