Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm still working at it!

Friday, I went to Mercedes' Body Sculpting class.  45 minutes of lifting weights, and leg squats.  I walked for 15 minutes before and biked for 15 minutes after.  My body is still feeling it this morning.

Yesterday, I took my daughter for a bikeride.  She's 3 and loves bike rides.  I was so excited!  I was able to bike my way out of my neigborhood.  I live at the bottom of a series of hills.  We have lived here for 3 years and I have never made it out of the neighborhood.  In fact, last year I couldn't make it up to the stop sign at the end of my own road!  I'd turn around just short and ride back home (.3 of a mile to stop sign).  I'd turn around instead of getting off my bike and pushing  it up the hill.  Didn't want people to think I was too fat to ride my bike. 

So, not only have I lost weight but my health has improved.  And my own self image.  Because on my way back into the neighborhood, I did have to get off my bike and push my daughter up one hill and I didn't care!  I was too happy to be able to make it out in the first place!  I only biked 1.5 miles yesterday.  I hope in the future to do far more than that.  My heart was pounding and it took less than 15 minutes to do.  But it felt great.

After my bikeride, my friend, Kathy, and I went for a walk.  Don't know how far we walked but we walked for an hour.  And it started to rain (yes rain not snow) on us on the way back.  Didn't care.  We had fun.

Down to 29 days to go until Fitness Ridge.  I am so excited.  But I feel that I have made such tremendous advancements already that my week at fitness camp should be fun.  It has served its purpose already as my motivator.  Now I get to go and have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, sounds as though you are on track! Keep it up, the pounds will start to fall off!
    What a great start to your journey next month.

    ReplyDelete