Thursday, March 18, 2010

Health 4 Habitat Weightloss Challenge

Okay, so day was official weigh in for Health 4 Challenge that will end June 17th.  I weighed in at 201 pounds.  Disappointing in being ove 200, but I was wearing jeans and a sweater :).  Since my final weigh in in June will probably by in shorts and tank top, I am hoping to edge out the competition with the jean/sweater weight.

I am making better choices for my meals.  While I had a hamburger for lunch, I didn't put any cheese on it.  It was on a super thin whole grain bun (delicious by the way!).  And instead of fries or chips and dip, I cut up celery, carrots and cucumbers.  For breakfast I had a whole wheat English muffin and a banana.  I'll bring the rest of the veggies to work with my this afternoon.  Haven't decided on dinner yet, but it will consist of veggies and a fruit.

I have set a goal of losing 30 pounds in this challenge.  That's twice what I have lost in the last 3 months.  But Fitness Ridge is on the agenda.  And the challenge includes classes on nutrition and well being.  Should be helpful to meet with others who have the same goals as me.

Looking forward to spring, summer and my new healthy me!

Oh, by the way, I walked over 6 miles yesterday!  My boby sculpting instructor asked why I wasn't in class.  when I told her I walking outside for a total 5.3 miles with the plan to walk more that night, she smiled and said I was excused.  Mercedes is a very tough instructor.  I didn't thin walking 5.3 miles would have been enough of an excuse :) 

I will need to walk on the treadmill tonight when I get home from work as I have done nothing at all today!  But as I alwys say, I am not done yet!

1 comment: