Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I am honored!

Did my step class this morning. Then went into the gym to stretch. While stretching a step class member asked if I'd be willing to share my story for the local newspaper. So very exciting. She overheard me a couple of weeks ago about how excited I was to be able to touch my toes. She thought others might want to hear bout how I have worked to reach my goals. I am nervous. I am meeting with her tomorrow so that she can get to know me better and then write my story. Glad I am going to be out of town for the next couple of weeks!

Meghan is the community coordinator for Get Fit Itasca. She writes an article in the Grand Rapids Herald. She wanted to write a story about how being "fit" isn't about being skinny, not that I wouldn't mind being skinny. If I can inspire others to start working out then it will be worth the publicity.

I'll try to post a copy of the article once it is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment