Sunday, January 30, 2011

I have managed to stay off the scale.  :)  But now I am afraid to get on the scale on February 1st.  I am doing great sticking with my program.  Well, I fell off the wagon on Friday.  I went over my calorie allowance by almost 500!  But Saturday I was right back on track with the program.  And I feel great today.  I am really beginning to feel good about what I am doing.  I am working hard to eat right.  I am meeting my exercise goals.  Actually, I am having fun meeting my exercise goals.

I just finished week 3 of couch to 5k.  I always love day 3 of each week.  Days 1 and 2 are so hard that I am always negotiating with myself to skip intervals.  I never do follow through.  I run all of my intervals.  But this week, when I hit day 3 I never even thought to skip an interval.  I thought about doing the long run first and then the short run.  But decided the program works so who am I to try to make it better?  But more than that, I smiled during each of my runs.  Not once did I want to stop running.  Can it be?  Can I really be turning into a runner?

Well, I wouldn't go that far.  Ask me if I like running and I will tell you I hate every minute of it...but that's not quite true any more.  So, I can't wait to see how this program plays out for me.  Will I be a runner after 9 weeks?  I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment