Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Down 4.6 pounds!

I got on the scale yesterday.  On January 6th I weighed in at 198.6 pounds.  Yesterday I weighed in at 194!  I have been fairly consistent in recording my food in my journal.  I have worked out 3-4 days a week.  I don't feel like I have been going gang busters on anything.  In the past (see last year), I have tried to exercise everyday, taking 2 classes a day on some days.  I've dropped 10 pounds quickly and then maintained.  All the while trying to find a way of life that I can do for the rest of my life.

Well, two classes a day just is not manageable (not with a preschooler in the house).  I know I can't handle "diet" food long term.  Don't ask me to eat tofu or other strange foods.  I am willing to try new things, many will be added to my diet occasionally.  But I need a way to eat healthy and include treats.  I have found keeping my calories under 1866 daily and working out 3-4 days a week seems to work.  I didn't put this weight on overnight, it isn't going to come off that way.

My monthly goals really seem to be keeping me motivated.  Each month is something new.  I am looking forward to running my 5k on February 28th.  I've registered for a tri on July 9th and the Iron Girl du on September 25th.  I am contemplating adding two additional dus, one in May and one in August.  Some days, I really begin to wonder who I am.

I have never been this physically active in my whole life.  Last year I participated in a 10k, 2 5ks and the Du in September.  This year I am thinking of doing more? 

This morning as I was putting my contacts in, I looked in the mirror and thought who's that skinny girl looking back at me.  Now I know I have a long way to go.  But I have come so very far.  And I can't believe how good I am looking.

I know my December goal says to weigh 175 by 12/31/11, but I really am working on weighing 159 by 12/31/11.  That will put me in the healthy BMI category.  Ok I said it.  Now I will change my notebook to officially read 159.  I wanted 175 so that I could feel good at the end year about any weight loss.  I knew I could work hard and hit 175 quickly this spring then maintain for the year.  And I would still feel good about that.  But I would be ecstatic if I hit 159!  So why not reach for the moon!  And the 4.6 pound weight loss puts my right on target.  I need to lose 3.3 pounds a month to hit 159 by the end of the year. 

My scale is now put away.  I know I said I wouldn't get back on it until my tri.  But I think I will weigh in each month on the 1st.  I do need to track how I am doing for my goal.  So that if need be I can adjust my calorie consumption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment