Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution

I've decided that this year my New Year's resolution would be different. I am going to set a goal for each month.




January: To write out each goal, how I am going to do it, obstacles to those goals as well as how I am going to jump over those obstacles. (I have completed the first part!)

February: Run a 5k under 45 minutes on the treadmill.

March: Swim a total of 5 miles during the month.

April: walk/run 100 miles (loved last April's challenge)

May: swim a total of 10 miles during the month.

June: run a 5K under 40 minutes

July: complete a triathlon

August: bike 200 miles.

September: complete the Iron Girl Duathlon 20 minutes faster than last year at the end of the month.

October: walk 100 miles (huge since it took me two weeks to recover from the Du last year).

November: do two classes a week at the YMCA.

December: Loose 20 pounds this year.



Okay. Now you know what I will be doing this year.


I have finished January's goal.  I purchased a notebook and wrote out each goal, steps need to accomplish, any obstacles I may need to over come and possible solutions to those obstacles.  I am feeling really good about this year.

In fact, I have begun training for my February goal.  I did week 1 day 1 of c25k.  only did 1.84 miles in 30 minutes.  But I feel so much better.  Exercise always does that for me.

I need to remember that exercise lifts the winter blues that I fight every year.  Plus,  I was feeling very stressed this week.  Exercise helps to alleviate that stress.  I just need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment