Monday, January 24, 2011

I just realized it's been a while since I last blogged.  My busy weeks are done for now.  I did manage to survive and even enjoy myself.  I got my runs in 3x week, no excuses!  I ate healthy while in Florida and even in North Dakota this weekend.  I am really focusing on making healthy choices.  It is my body and I am in control of what I put into it.

I have been a little down because my weight isn't just falling off.  But I am still on track for my goal weight in December.  I feel great when I exercise.  I really need to do some form of exercise everyday so that I can keep my emotions even.  Otherwise, I tend to get upset/angry/depressed.  Exercise really is my key to happiness.

Today I ran week three day one of c25k.  3 minutes of running non-stop.  Wow.  I really had shin splints after that first 3 minute run.  I slowed down my second three minute run and did much better.  Really stretched out afterwards too!  I will not let my mind hurt me so that I stop.  I can do this.  Though I shouldn't have looked forward to next week with a 5 minute run...kinda nervous.  But I know that the 3 minute runs will get easier by the end of this week.  Looking forward to the challenge.

I also signed up to do the GG virtual 10k at the beginning of February.  I am going to do the 5k with c25k program walk as fast as I can to finish to first 1/2 to see where I am timewise for my February goal: 5k <45 minutes.  Then I will walk the last 1/2 of the 10k to finish it.  Good to have a plan.

Speaking of plans, I gotta to to pick up my oldest daughter to take to PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment