Monday, December 14, 2009

A New Day

My journey will really begin on April 25, 2010. That's the day I enter Biggest Loser at Fitness Ridge. How may days is that? I don't really know, wish it was sooner! Ugh, it's 131 days. But that gives me 131 days of pre-journey preparations.

I enrolled at the local YMCA at the beginning of November and have enjoyed many classes. I do step 2x week, yoga at least 1x week, and a Body by Mercedes class at least 1x week. Body class is strength training with a drill sargeant (former cop). All of the teachers are great, very welcoming and encouraging.

On the agenda to day is step from 9-10 and Body from 12:15-1:00. I may not be able to move tomorrow. I also bought another food journal. I do so well when I actually use a journal. Hence, today is a new day. I will begin journaling again. 6 weeks of exercise has not brought about any weight loss. But I feel great. So now begins the food portion of my adventure. In the past I always began with food and added exercise later. Maybe this way will bring about permanent results.

So here's to a new day, a new me and a new adventure! God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Roxanne, i'm heading to FR on Feb 14th for a month and am also getting ready. I've always exercised for like 45-60 min. a day but the last couple of weeks, i'm trying to do 2 hours a day so i'm not hurting at FR...i couldn't imagine going and not have been exercising at all...i've cut down the calories a bit but will go full force after the holidays...i'd love to get 20 off before i go since that's always the easy pounds to drop and maybe i could lose another 15-20 at FR...hope i can do it...i think we have the right mindset and with the cost, i am for sure going to attend every class there and make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne~ Definitely sounds like you're off to a great start! I myself wil be at FR the first 2 weeks of June, CAN'T WAIT!! I myself will be trying to get ready for that journal by exercising and dropping the cals...but I think I'll wait till Jan 2...I know I'd set myself up for failure if I started right now, before Christmas...Well good luck, I will be following your progress, it's so inspiring to read other's journals...I think I may start one as well! ~Julie

    ReplyDelete