Saturday, May 1, 2010

My first 10K

What an exciting end to my week here in Utah.  At 6:30 this morning I participated in my first race ever.  I walked the course, well maybe even lollygagged at a few spots.  We visited with the water people.  Stopped and had our picture taken.  And even said hi to a dog or two along the way.  I did run through the finish line!  Not sure of my time, didn't really care to check.  But had fun walking with Kathy and John.

After the race, Kathy and I came back to our room and rested.  She slept, I read.  At 11:15 we had our last class of the week.  I choose curcuit instead of pool or begging to get into stretch.  At first, I was the only person in class.  It was Robyn, the trainer, and me.  She worked out next to me, which really pushed me today.  I got that elliptical up to 10 mph.  and ran all three of my treadmill stations getting up to 5.3 mph!  What a magnificent end to the week.  3 other people did eventually join us in class.  And one gentleman who followed me on the weight machines kept telling how strong I was.  he had to lowere the weights when it was his turn!  God, I love Fitness Ridge!

After class, Kathy, John and I went into St. George.  We drove for an hour looking for somewhere other than fastfood to eat.  We went to Chili's.  I had grilled salmon with steamed broccoli and a rice dish.  The rice dish was yucko, so I didn't eat it.  I only at 1/2 the salmon and all the broccoli.  According to the internet that meal was 700 calories; so I'll count 350, though I probably consumed less.  I did have a diet coke, and it was really good.  It was difficult turning down a burger or ribs.  But I do like Salmon, so I am glad I made the choice I did.

After lunch we went to Target.  That Target smelled so bad, I thought I was going to puke.  Horrible, horrible smelling Target.  Didn't spend much,  I don't think I have ever spent so little in a Target, :)

This afternoon we went to the Fitness Festiva at Unity park.  No sooner had we arrived and someone was trying to shove a hotdog down our face.  Both Kathy and I declined, politely.  We walked around the booths and purchased a couple of items.  It was fun visiting with the trainers and BL contestants at the booth.  Then we cheered them on as the linedanced.  Wish I had brought my camera for that one!

Graduation was tonight!  First they showed a DVD of the week and then pictures that they had taken.  I am so glad that I have copies.  I will treasure these forever.  After the video presentation, we all were given an opportunity to speak.  It was so wonderful to hear about everyone's positive experiences and Fitness Ridge.  But the most prevelent was the love of van 2!  My peeps, I love you guys.  I couldn't have gotten through the week without them.  And I got my tshirt!  I made it to every class and every lecture so I got my tshirt.  I will wear it proudly!

I just want you to know that I am not done yet!  my blog will continue as my adventure will always be beginning.  Know that as I struggle I will look to my friends for support.  Tomorrow I go home, but I will never leave Fitness Ridge!

Almost forgot:
Calories consumed 1200
calories burned 3028
calorie deficit 1800  161,900 calories to go!  thats 13,100 calories removed from my body this week alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment