Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's a great day to be alive!

My aunt Patty had that as her status of Facebook.  My response was that every day was a great day to be alive.  She then said she rode her Harley to work and enjoyed smelling the spring air on the way.  I certainly couldn't argue since I had just returned from biking (non-motorized) with my 3yo daughter. 

Today was a wonderful day in Minnesota.  And I was busy and worried about when I would get my exercise in today.  So, I rode my bike 2 miles each way to the Grand Rapids Gymnastics Acedemy, twice.  8 miles of exercise and I didn't even have to go to the gym!  No more excuses! 

The best part was not having to push my bike up a hill!  I made all the hills.  It really helped to wear my heart rate monitor.  Every time I wanted to give up I check my heart rate.  Only 150!  "Man you have much more to give than that" and away I would peddle. 

I made FR blueberry pancakes for lunch and turkey bacon.  Yumm.  My girls are slowly adjusting to whole grain healthy eating.  I really have made the leap.  I like whole grains.  I plan to eat this way the rest of my life.  So it's not a diet it really is a life change.

I have had to get rid of more clothes that don't fit.  They are way too big.  It's really a shame because the pants are really cute.  But I will have to go get new ones.  Such a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment