Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What an awesome day :)

My daughter had testing in Hibbing this morning.  Instead of just sitting around, I decided to go shopping for a new dress.  I have a retirement dinner Tuesday night and I thought I would feel better in a new dress.  I tried on several, each one looking better than the last.  I even tried on a size smaller and it fit even better.  I stood looking at myself in the mirror with tears in my eyes.  I couldn't believe how fabulous I looked.  Cat, I didn't get it when you talked about this last week.  I get it now.  Boy do I get it.  And if I had had your number, I would have called you from the dressing room, lol.

Instead of buying all 5 dresses, I decided to take a trip to Duluth on Friday to go dress shopping.  I didn't want to settle.  I want to look spectacular when I reveal myself after my week at Fitness Ridge.

And I am more motivated than ever to complete and win the Get Healthy for Habitat weight loss challenge.  I have 6 weeks to go.  I know I can do this.  I just have to keep my eye on the prize.  That said, here's my plan for this afternoon.  I am going to the Y at 3 and doing Mountain on my own.  I bought a stop watch just for this!  And then I am going to Mercedes class.  Tomorrow, I am going to do treading.  Friday will be my day of rest.  Saturday the family is going for a bike ride.  Sunday, I will conquer when i get there.


Did my Mercedes class.  I take it back any nice thing I ever said about her!  Tonight was about endurance.  Using light weights we did 3 sets of 25 reps without stopping on every muscle group.  I did over 150 crunches!  Thank God, it was only a 45 min. class!

After Mercedes' class, I came home and had a Fitness Ridge Turkey club sanwich.  It was the best sandwich I have ever had.  I musta been hungry!  But really it was good.

Then I went back to the Y and did my own Mountain.  It was difficult to do on my own.  I had noone to cheer me one or to stop me from cheating.  I know that I will continue to do Mountain each week.  And I will improve and I will stop cheating, eventually!

All in all, I'd have to say today was one of the best days of my life.  My energy is explosive.  I am having fun exercising.  And I find I am so relaxed after pushing myself beyond my limits.

And guess what?  I'm not done yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment