Monday, February 1, 2010

Vacation Workouts

I arrived in Phoenix around 3:30 on Saturday. Al and i immidiately headed to the pool. Swam a couple of laps then sat in hot tub.

Sunday, I got up at 6:30 and went to the exercise center. What a fabulous workout center. 20 cardio stations, a full weight curcuit, free weights, exercise balls, resistance bands... I rode a bike for 30 minutes. Heart rate about 140. Loved the bike, had my own tv to watch, could hook up ipod and record my workout session on ipod. Just loved the room. They also provided headphones for their equipment, incase you didn't have any.

Today at 6:o0 the cardio stations were completely full. I did the weight curcuit while hubby used free weights. Didn't quite make 30 minutes, but I intend to do my situps yet and to do a 30 minute cardio after lunch.

I am so glad that I made a plan for eating while I am here. I have been doing really good following that plan, well except last nigh. We ate at an Irish pub so I had shepards pie, but did order a salad, too. It was divine. And I didn't eat all of it nor did I order any desert. I haven't been journaling my food. Been too busy and out and about. So it will be interesting to see what the scale says when i get home. I'll start journaling again today.

I do feel that I have been making healthy choices and limiting what and when I eat. But the most exciting part is getting my exercise in each day. I can do this.

I am not done yet!

1 comment:

  1. I leave for vacation in two days and am looking for devoted time to be able to exercise tons! The place we're staying at has a great exercise facility and an outsoor separate full size 25 yard 3 lap lane pool. I'm a swimmer at heart so am looking forward to that. I do plan on enjoying some nice meals out but will do so wisely...savoring every bite, cutting down on portion sizes, eating slow and being conscious of what I order. Great job getting that exercise in while you were on vacation!

    ReplyDelete