Sunday, February 14, 2010

I climbed a mountain!

Wow, it's been a week and a half, but I climbed a mountain in Phoenix. We set out to hike to the top of Cambelback Mountain. Echo Trail is described a 1.2 mile hike to the top of Camelback. They lied. The trail is nothing more than a vertical climb up 1,300 ft of rocks. But I did it and loved it! Took me almost a week to recover. My quads hurt so bad I had to hang onto something every time I sat down.

Sadly, I didn't work out at all when I was in Orlando. But I have started back up today with the Valentine's virtual 3k. I did it in 29 min and 46 seconds. I walked at 3.8 miles per hour pushing myself up to 4 m/h on the treadmill for a couple of minutes here and there. I even jogged the last 30 seconds. It didn't even hurt to run. I am going to have to try that again.

Tomorrow, I start back to my regular workout routine. I will also focus on eating better. I did great in Phoenix, but in Orlando I had red meat everyday. I can't remember the last time I ate so much beef. But those burgers and beers were so good! Gotta be able to splurge every now and again. But back to eating well and exercising daily. I feel much better when I do. Salmon and rice for dinner tonight. Yummy.

I'm not done yet!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.....I'm off to Orlando. Hope my plans to workout everyday work out. Time will tell. Awesome hiking!

    ReplyDelete