Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I have a new adventure today.  I am going swim laps at the YMCA.  Just a couple of notes.  I love to swim, but I hate putting my face in water.  I mean I really hate putting my face in the water.  Water up the nose is the worst!

I have decided that completing my Duathlon this September is not going to be enough.  I am going to need a new challenge.  I have decided to compete a tri next summer.  To do that, I am going to start training now.  There is a short course tri right here in town each July.  So will do that one for sure. 

I find that I need to change things up to keep motivated.  I easily get bored doing the same thing over and over.  So now, I will run, swim, and bike each week.  That should hold off the doldrums until  winter when I add my classes back into my schedule.  But for summer, I want to be outside as much as possible.  Although I will swim at the Y.  I don't like swimming in lakes.  I guess I'll have to get over that because triathlons are not done in a pool :).

For those of you who have been following me, I am asking that you consider making a donation to Aflac's childrens cancer treatment and research center.  I am trying to raise $500.00 for the center.  I have so far raised $175.00.  please visit www.active.com/donation/choa2010 to donate.  To get to my donation page, just enter my name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment