Thursday, July 1, 2010

July

Girl Gang has challenged its members to journal their food for the month of July.  I have been journaling off and on since December. More off than on lately.  So looking forward to having to journal again.  My plan is to post my daily counts here on my blog.  Not sure I can post the full journal.  Too much committment for that!

But I encourage everyone to journal their food for the next month and learn how easy it is to lose weight when you don't put food in your mouth because you don't want to have to write it down!  At least that's how it works for me. 

I've been on a plateau for a few weeks.  It's time to lose another 10 pounds.  So I will journal and keep my calories under 1800 each day.  I will work out either running or biking 4-5 days a week.  I am not going to get on the scale the whole month of July.  On August 1st, I will post my weight loss for the month of July following this plan.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right with you on the on and off journaling. It's hard to squeeze in the time for everything and something has to give. I'm right with you on the plateau too. That last 10 pounds took me longer than any other set of 10 pounds. I thought I was stuck....but then all of a sudden I dropped several quickly. I wish I could stay away from the scale but it is hard. I wish you luck in July to do just that while you get in your bike and runs. We all know it isn't just about the scale but it is so ingrained in our minds to rule how we feel. So ride on! Run on! Keep enjoying your summer and stay away from that scale. Here's a virtual toast to your next 10 pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete