Saturday, July 10, 2010

If I can do it...

ANYBODY CAN!!!  Let me repeat, if I can do it, anybody can.  I am not kidding when I say this.  My Aunt Patty said it best this past weekend, "you used to be kind of a couch potatoe."  I love you, Auntie.  those words were never so true. Used to be...  And I really was a couch potatoe.  "Honey could ya get me.." were spoken so often that I think every other sentence started that way.

Ask anyone who knew/knows me.  I hate sweating.  Feeling that salty liquid forming on my body, ewww.  Worse now it actually drips off of me.  And when I run and breathe heavy out my lips, sweat mists off my upper lip.  It's just plain gross!  And yet, I countinue to exercise and push my body to its limit.  Why?

Why? is really a great question.  I love the results.  I love how I feel afterwards.  And not just physically.  I feel great emotionally.  An added bonus, since I have fought depression for most of my life.  Diagnosed Manic-depressive at 16.  It's why I was such a couch potatoe in my past.  But running and exercise gives me such a high that I can push out those depressive thoughts.  So again, if I can do it anybody can.

And I am in love with http://www.prevention.com/.  Its My Health Tracker is totally awesome!  My GG member and friend just told me about it.  It is a food journal, exercise journal, weight tracker, measurement tracker, just about anything tracker.  It graphs all of this for you.  I am excited to start journaling again.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment