Friday, February 8, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

As we all know Super Bowl Sunday is a major junk food fest. Buffalo wings, nachos, chips & dip, chili... Well at least that's what the commercials show. I don't watch football so I usually take a hot bath and enjoy a glass of wine.

This year, Coach Nicole from SparkPeople posted a different kind of Super Bowl Party. She created a laundry list of activities to do during the game. It looked interesting so I reposted it on Facebook. My friend Ed also reposted it. I told him if he did it I would too!

So a new event was created for the Super Bowl and our Menu was very different. (see image below) We worked out for 3 hours. Every beer commercial we did our pushups. Every first down (there were 44 of them) we did our bicycle crunches. As the evening wore on it became a struggle to complete. At one point I couldn't lift my legs to do my crunches. Hubby turns to me and says, "Rox, I think your done." Oh no. Once the laughter subsided, I finished those damn crunches. Only to have the dumb team get a safety. It was an unearned safety but safety none the less. So I ended with 20 pushups. Man I hurt!

But I did not quit. And I'll be honest. I figured I'd make it to half time then call it a night. 905 calories burned that night. But more than that. I had fun! Both Al and I had fun. So much fun I plan to watch every Vikings game next fall with a modified exercise program. We'll keep the Super Bowl menu just for the Super Bowl. Just like you don't pig out at every football game...just the big one! And I have friends already asking to be included in next years Super Bowl Party! We all do it in the comfort of our own homes. But communicate via Facebook during the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment